McLaren Lapeer Region: Dedicated to providing exceptional care.
From admission through post-hospital discharge, we strive to provide continuity of care that ensures the best possible outcome for you, our patient. We admit and treat all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, handicap or age.
We offer access to qualified sign language interpreters and auxiliary aids to sensory-impaired persons at no cost to the patient.
McLaren Lapeer Region is a smoke-free facility. We ask that you use cellular phones in posted areas only. Courtesy phones are located by the information desk and in the ED waiting area. Pay and credit card phones are located on the ground floor, near the cafeteria, and on the first floor near the Emergency Department, the South Wing, and on the second floor, North Wing.
What to Bring to the Hospital
Limit the number of personal items you bring. Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. Bring your Advance Directive if you have one. You may want to bring a robe, slippers, toiletries, reading material, and your own pillow. Be sure these items are marked as belonging to you. All electrical devices must be checked by Lapeer's Maintenance Department prior to use. Television service is provided free to all patients. Patient rooms have telephones. To place long distance calls, patients must first dial "0" to reach the hospital operator. Long distance calls may be billed collect, credit card, reverse charges, or by a pre-paid calling card. To dial a patient room outside the hospital, call (810) 667-5727.
While patients enjoy having visitors, long visits can be tiring. Keep in mind that the focus of your visit is the patient. Please check with the nursing staff for any restrictions on patient gifts (i.e., flowers, food). Latex balloons are not allowed.
Critical Care (Rooms 2201-2210, 2 North Wing) -- Immediate family and clergy only may visit between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Please limit visits to no longer than 30 minutes.
Progressive Care (Rooms 3307-3330, 3 North Wing) -- 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
McLaren Extended Care-Lapeer Region (First Floor, Rooms 1134-1146) -- Visit anytime.
Medical-Surgical Units (Rooms 2211-2223 and 2234-2242, 2 North Wing and Rooms 2224-2234, 2 East Wing) -- 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Birth Center (3 North, Birth Center; Rooms 3312-3326, Obstetrics Wing, and Room #5) -- Fathers or Significant Others - Anytime; All other visitors, including siblings - 10:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Mental Health (Rooms 2250-2259, 2 South Wing) -- Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Sundays and holidays - 1 - 3 p.m.
The following services may assist you while visiting a patient :
• Cafeteria (ground floor): The cafeteria is open to the public Vending services are available 24 hours a day.
• Parking: Parking is free for patients and visitors near the main entrance and the emergency entrance. When possible, the emergency entrance parking lot should not be used to extended parking.
• McLaren Lapeer Region Gift Shop: An auxiliary project, the gift shop is staffed by volunteers. You will likely find just the right gift for the patient you're visiting. Gift Shop proceeds are used to purchase patient care equipment.
• TTY-TDD Services: Located in the Communications Department and ED provides service for the hearing-impaired that communicates alpha-numeric information using a teletypewriter.
• Restrooms: Public restrooms are located near the emergency and main entrances, and in Surgery Waiting (ground floor. Please help our housekeeping staff keep these facilities clean.